ANEKA 57
Aneka 57 was an unexpected yet memorable experience. I visited the cafe in April 2025 for breakfast with a friend on my third trip to Jakarta. Upon arriving, I was quite attracted to the 70s-inspired typography and style of the space.
We were greeted by the barista, who also seemed to be the owner, but I wasn't so sure. He was very friendly and made some recommendations. We ordered some of his manual brews and a pandan kaya toast.
I will talk about the coffee, but first, I want to talk about the food. Having been to and lived in Malaysia and Singapore multiple times, I was very familiar with pandan kaya. I wasn't very impressed with it in Indonesia so far. However, this pandan kaya toast changed my life. It was absolutely unbelievable. It was and is the best pandan kaya toast I've ever had. Quite different from the traditional kaya, this one was thicker and punches you in the face with pandan flavor. It also paid perfectly with the coffee we got.
I'd say the coffee was decent. We enjoyed it, and it's as good as a manual brew you'd find in most places in Jakarta. After tasting the toast, we were eager to order more food.
We ordered the tahu goreng, which was quite flavorful and crispy, and the sandwich, which was very similar to Bombay sandwiches that you'd find on the streets of Mumbai. The barista also recommended the cremebrulee. Perfectly executed, crisply on top, super flavorful and the best finisher for the coffee at that moment.
The cafe was full of life, and we really had a good time and a great breakfast. I would highly recommend this place.
Comments
Post a Comment