Anomali Coffee Menteng
My first visit to Anomali was during my first visit to Indonesia and Jakarta, April 2023. I had just checked out Common Grounds next door and was craving some more coffee.
Note: I'm aware that Anomali Coffee has many branches in various locations, but this is my favourite one.
During my visit, I had one of the cleanest, purest coffee experiences I''ve ever had. It was also my first time experiencing specialty coffee at this level. The space is quite simple. Chairs and tables are spread across, with the counter and kitchen island in the middle of the room/ The brutalist signage is very welcoming. They also had outdoor seating, but Jakarta was too hot, and I needed to cool down a bit.
This was also my first time ordering an iced pourover. The barista was very friendly and patient with me. He took me through all the available beans and made recommendations based on my preferences, which were still developing. After 10-15 mins of brewing, my cup was handed to me. I really enjoyed the Toraja Flores and Aceh varieties. I've been to Anomali many times since and have tried almost all of their beans. These two are, however, my all-time favourites. The flavour was so deep and multidimensional. It evolves on your palette and has a really nice fermented undertone with sour and fruity notes at the top.
I really enjoy fermented, fruity coffee, and that could have been heavily influenced by Anomali. I've also tried a lot of food there, and I'd say it's alright. You can get a decent meal here, but the coffee is why I would go back every time. The menu isn't too expensive. Everything is reasonably priced and on the more affordable side of what is considered high-end specialty coffee.
I'd definitely recommend this place if you want to try beans from all around Indonesia. They have a great variety and their baristas are doing a great job of bringing out those flavours.
Comments
Post a Comment