Filosofi Kopi Melawai
Filosofi Kopi might just be my favourite place in Jakarta. I first came across the cafe while walking around Blok M in July 2023. I loved the strange, occult-looking designs on the front. I made a mental note to return once I had more time.
It took me one whole year to return and finally visit this cafe. The occult-looking designs were gone, however clean minimal typography took its place. It was as lively as ever and super crowded even late into the night. The baristas were very welcoming in spite of it being really busy. I ordered the Japanese manual brew, and my partner ordered the latte.
I chose the Flores Toraja variety, and after waiting for 10 minutes, they called out my name to go pick up the order. This is still one of the best brews I've ever experienced. I've been back multiple times since, and I always go for the same bean variety. I've never been disappointed. Filosofi also turned my partner into a specialty coffee lover. I haven't tried their food yet, so I can't really vouch for it, but I highly recommend this cafe. The prices are a bit on the higher side, but still affordable for high-end speciality coffee.
Filospfi does have a lot of branches, and I have been to the Sarinah branch too. However, the Blok M space is special. It it walsys so full of life and the best space to nongkrong at night with friends. I later found out that there is a series of films with the same name, themed around the challenges of running a coffee shop. I'm very curious and hope to check them out one day. If there is one cafe you can visit while in Jakarta, I recommend Filosofi.
https://share.google/vB0iJvn1AqpbRCcnM
Comments
Post a Comment