Gu Slow Bar Coffee
I came across Gu Slow Bar during my first visit to Bangkok in the summer of 2024. Every day feels like summer in Southeast Asia, but today was especially hot. I was walking along Prajadhipok main road during one of my solo exploration days and came across this place. It stood out amongst the local auto repair shop and residential buildings around.
The cafe was empty and dimly lit with concrete walls on either side. It was a small, cosy place. A neon sign with the name behind the counter. The counter was very well organised and had a beautiful setup.
As I entered, I was greeted by the barista. He was very friendly and explained his menu. I ordered their V60 pourover after some discussion. The place was my escape from the sweltering heat, and I decided to order an iced brew to cool down.
I sat down, checking out the magazines and books that decorated the shelves nearby. The coffee arrived after10-15 mins of brewing. I took one sip and was absolutely mesmerised. It was smooth, fruity, with a few hints of fermentation. The best thing about it was the fragrance and aftertaste of lavender that lingered throughout the whole experience. I'd never tasted pourover like this before.
Hands down, this is the best pourover I've ever tasted in Bangkok. I haven't had a chance to go back there since, but I remember that day distinctly. Sitting at the back, enjoying my brew and watching life pass by.
The prices are a bit on the high side, but definitely within the affordable range. I highly recommend this place and will definitely be back!
https://maps.app.goo.gl/Dur6cQ2rBMPUq6Nw9
Comments
Post a Comment