Punk Ala Rich Coffee

My first visit to Punk Ala Rich was in April 2024. It was my last day in Jogja, one of my favourite cities in the world. I was going back to Jakarta with a couple of friends. I came across it while passing by on my grab bike the day before, and made a mental note to come back here. 




I was really happy with Jogja coffee and wanted to end my journey on a high note. We visited the Gotham City branch, which, on further research, has now closed down permanently. However, I was happy to find out that they have two more branches now. I still want to talk about my experience at the Gotham City branch, but I would recommend checking out their new spaces.

At the time, they were sharing the space with a Sneaker Cleaning Service and also had a mini Thrift Rack in one corner. The space was very inviting. Contrary to the really cool typographic exterior, the interior was quite minimal. There was a small coffee station to one side, and paintings and posters decorated the walls around. The whole place fit the Jogja spirit of activism and rebellion. 

The barista was super friendly, and she recommended a few beans they had in stock. They also had some really good cookies. We munched on those while we waited for our coffee. The coffee was absolutely amazing. We got pourovers, and to be honest, I didn't have high expectations. But my mind was blown. 




We ordered V60s that were more fruity and fermented. The coffee had a really beautiful peach flavour accompanied by this umami fermented mouthfeel that hit the sides of my palate. I couldn't stop sipping on this despite it being really hot inside and outside the cafe, which made me want to leave to get some air conditioning. I enjoyed my time there, listening to hip-hop and sipping on some very, very well-brewed coffee.

I am looking forward to visiting their new locations on my next visit to Jogja. The coffee was very, very affordable for the high quality we got, especially if we compare it to places like Jakarta and the many overhyped cafes in Bali. I would highly recommend this cafe just based on my experience there.

 https://maps.app.goo.gl/48FdKnp8fU3ihhPz9


Comments

Popular Posts