Ome by Spacebar Coffee
Tucked away in a small alleyway in Georgetown, walking up to this cafe felt like discovering a secret garden. The entrance is covered in foliage with a small wooden sign that makes you feel warm and cozy inside. It was my first time visiting Penang in March 2025 with a friend. We'd just had some super spicy nasi lemak and were looking for some coffee to cool ourselves down.
Ome felt like home away from home. The cafe was very lively, full of people sitting inside and some waiting outside. Despite its popularity, the place felt very humble. We were greeted by the barista who was very friendly and welcoming. He ushered us inside and mentioned that there is a bit of a waiting time. After waiting for about 10 mins we were seated by the counter near the entrance. The barista then brought us the menu and explained their offerings diligently. We felt very comfortable in that space.
I ordered the hand brew, and my friend ordered one of the teas. Ome had a lot of variety to offer. They seemed to have something for every palette. After discussing flavor profiles with the barista, I made my order. I do not clearly remember the variety of beans, but it may have been Brazil or Honduras. I ordered an iced hand brew and took my seat.
Time passed very quickly as we took in the sights and sounds of this lively cafe. After about ten minutes of waiting, our coffee arrived. Let me tell you something, this was the best coffee I'd tasted in Penang so far. I'd even go as far as to say it's one of my favourite brews ever. The flavor was very bold and unique. As someone who is used to pourovers that are more fruity and fermented. This one caught me off guard. The mouthfeel was so intense. The brew was clean, refined and had a great mouthfeel. I couldn't stop sipping even though I did not want this flavour experience to end.We just sat there in silence, sipping my coffee, taking in the sights and sounds. I felt like a fly on the wall, but a happy fly with great coffee. The coffee is moderately priced and totally worth the quality. After we finished our drinks and walked out, we felt so satisfied. It's the kind of feeling you get when you leave your grandma's house after a good meal. I'd highly recommend this place and will definitely be back on my next visit to Georgetown.
https://share.google/zjODIsbX3PfuggU5Y
Comments
Post a Comment