PAGA Microroastery
My first time visiting Paga was in November 2024. I was walking around Soi Sukhumvit. Having stopped at MTCH nearby to grab some early morning ice cream for breakfast, I was looking for the perfect cup of coffee to balance it out. The neighbourhood is littered with various cafes and restaurants, and a lot of sus places. After a few minutes, I came across the white concrete facade of PAGA. Confused at first, I walked past, assuming that it might be under renovation. However, I doubled back, and I'm glad that I did.
Paga offers one of the most delicate superior pourovers in Bangkok. I walked in and was welcomed by sleek, minimal interiors. The atmosphere was quiet, and the cafe seemed to be filled with regulars who preferred to keep to themselves by either reading or working while sipping coffee. I'm not usually drawn to cold man-made interiors, but Paga was different. The cafe was very well-lit. The sunlight brought warmth into the space and completely transformed the atmosphere.
The barista was very friendly and patient as I walked up to the counter and stared at their extensive menu. Now, I'll say this again. I'm not a big fan of outrageously expensive specialty coffee. Coffee is for the people. Everyone should be able to experience the flavors of these beautiful brews. PAGA is expensive. Looking at the competition series section, I saw cups for upto 750฿. Of course, that is unreasonably expensive, and I would never try it. I've been to a lot of cafes with outrageously expensive specialty coffee, and have been disappointed multiple times.
But PAGA is different. I ordered the Cafe Granja La Espreranza Varietal, which was the cheapest one in that section at about 500฿. I was skeptical at first. I put in my order and waited while watching the barista brew my coffee for about 10 mins. But once my coffee arrived, my mind was blown. I could instantly smell the floral and fermented notes. After letting it cool down for a bit, I took my first sip. YES! This was worth it! It was exactly as described and more. The coffee had a good mouthfeel, strong fermented notes with a subtle floral scent that followed. Extremely enjoyable.
I've been back to Paga three times since then. The last time I visited was in December 2025, and the coffee is still great. I would definitely recommend this cafe. It is more on the expensive side, but if you're having a good day, why not spend a bit more on a delightful pourover? The roasts and brews are definitely value for money, but I really do hope that it was more affordable.
https://maps.app.goo.gl/5mW7pvk8SEVgUywU9
Comments
Post a Comment