drip by brewbrothers

A space for community and great coffee in the charming historical city of Melaka. drip by brewbrothers is a bustling neighbourhood cafe along Jalan Bunga Raya. I was visiting Melaka with a friend as part of our larger Malaysia tour. This was our last stop before we headed back to KL to end our journey. Melaka is absolutely beautiful. When I say that, I'm not talking about the lights and chaos of Jonker Street but places like these. 

It was our first night in Melaka. We were walking along the river, looking for a nice cup of coffee to end the day, when we came upon this place. The cafe looked like your local neighbourhood spot, with groups of teens and families hanging out. The atmosphere was very lively. We entered and were greeted by the baristas, who were very friendly.


While checking out the menu, we were instantly drawn towards their crafted coffee section. I saw the magical words gula melaka at the bottom of the section, and I knew I had to try it. I'd heard a lot about this magical ingredient and had to try it out. I ordered the gula melaka crafted coffee while my friend ordered the blackforest crafted chocolate.

We took a seat at the last empty table and immersed ourselves in the atmosphere. The dim yellow lighting, along with the conversational hum in the background, made us feel quite cosy and comfortable. We sat there for about ten minutes talking about Malacca, our journey so far, and the cafe. We were amazed at the community there. It felt like a family gathering or a couple of close friends hanging out together. It was one of the most welcoming atmospheres I've felt at a cafe. 


I'm not a big fan of cold, industrial cafes that are as quiet as an examination hall, where people come to work on their laptops and ignore each other. It makes you feel disconnected from the community and also affects your coffee experience. drip by brewbrothers is the exact opposite of such a place. We felt the warmth and friendliness of the community immediately. Even though we were sitting and talking amongst ourselves the whole time, the genuine warmth and smiles from the baristas and people around us gave us that warm, fuzzy feeling.

After about fifteen minutes of waiting, the baristas called our names for pickup. We were really excited to try them out. Let me start with the gula melaka crafted coffee. THIS IS IT!. Those words crossed my mind as I took my first sip. The flavour of the gula melaka blended perfectly with the coffee. The coffee had a great mouthfeel with a delicate sweetness that came through. I'm usually not a fan of super sweet coffee, and prefer my pourovers. This drink, however, had the perfect amount of sweetness, even though it may have been on the sweeter side. The coffee, which was brewed very well, balanced perfectly with the gula melaka. I could taste both distinct flavours in perfect harmony. without one overpowering the other. This was easily one of the best coffee mixology combos I'd ever had. 


Since then, I've tried gula melaka coffees at a lot of cafes in and outside Melaka. I have to say, so far, drip's version is the best one. No competition. 

The blackforest chocolate drink was also on point. It tasted exactly as described. The fruity and acidic flavours paired perfectly with the sweetness of the chocolate. But I couldn't stop sipping the gula melaka coffee. We even went back on our last day to savour this heavenly drink.


We sat there for about an hour, taking in the atmosphere while sipping on our ambrosia-induced coffee. drip is definitely worth visiting if you're in Melaka, apart from all the great food and the big ship. I highly recommend this cafe, and I will surely be back on my next visit.


 https://share.google/mhuCb1YjAJfyhYFS3

Comments

Popular Posts