LOCAL BOYS COFFEE CO. SONG WAT
A neon-lit cafe tucked away in an alleyway along Song Wat Road, Local Boys offers a great variety of drinks with street personality. I visited this cafe during my most recent visit to Bangkok, during the holiday season in December 2025. This was a very special trip for me. Even though I've been to Bangkok before, this time I was visiting with my partner to celebrate our anniversary. It was our first day, and we decided to go to Song Wat to have some coffee, breakfast and explore the area together.
We'd spent the whole day walking around the street and neighbouring alleyways. Eating and drinking from dawn till almost dusk. We were looking for a little pick-me-up since we were a bit tired. We wandered into an alleyway. At the end of that alleyway was where we first saw Local Boys. The entryway looked like an old shophouse with a neon-lit sign. The glass windows diffused the light inside, and the typography scribbled across the door added to the whole street aesthetic.
I was drawn into the neon-lit space as we entered. It looked like a combination of a moody underground bar and an American diner. The baristas were very friendly and welcomed us. They were also very patient as we pondered what to order while staring at their menu, which was beautifully designed to fit the theme of the cafe. We'd been having a lot of coffee, so I needed a bit of a break. I wanted to try some of their mixology options. I ordered the Orange Boom.
We waited for about 10 minutes, leaning against the walls, listening to music and blending it with the whole atmosphere. It almost felt like a scene from Enter the Void. We eventually got our drink and decided to sit outside to enjoy it. The drink was served in what I assume is an aluminium can, with the Local Boys branding all around it. Super cool.
Leading up to this, I had been drinking a lot of mixology coffee for the past two years. Especially citrus or orange-based coffee drinks. I love the combination, and I think orange and coffee complement each other perfectly. I believe it is not an easy drink to make. If the quality of the brew or the orange juice is bad, or if the ratio is off, the flavour becomes very unpleasant. I've tried this drink multiple times, and I have to say, Local Boys Orange Boom is my favourite version of this combination. The temperature was perfect. I already love Thai oranges. They're so sweet and have this hint of curry leaf essence, which is so addicting. The brew was perfect. The flavour was very balanced and had a subtle hint of earthiness, which complemented the orange perfectly. I couldn't stop sipping the drink. The aftertaste of Thai oranges was the perfect finish for this flavour journey. We had a great time in this space, enjoying our drink and cooling off. It was the ultimate pick-me-up we needed to continue our exploration.
The drinks are moderately priced, and you are definitely getting quality for what you pay. I highly recommend this place and will definitely be back again on my next trip to Bangkok.
https://share.google/Ws7PxHTKkDLzDjIgx
Comments
Post a Comment